Sign in or
Latest page update: made by JenniferRief
, Apr 5 2010, 12:16 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by JenniferRief
1630 words deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|JOQuinn||Minutes from Aug. 27 Meeting Part II||0||Sep 1 2009, 8:08 PM EDT by JOQuinn|
Thread started: Sep 1 2009, 8:08 PM EDT Watch
Continued from Minutes from Aug. 27 Meeting Part I
• Discussion of acquisition of additional sub-committee membership included suggestions that each sub-committee ensure diversity of membership and ideas that reflects the make-up of all three towns that make up our larger community.
• Presentation of PowerPoint about the process of Strategic Planning by Stephanie Pines and Andy Smith. During the presentation, the following points were made:
o Jocelyn and Jennifer will return to the Board and request a more specific answer about what the Board expects to receive from the Committee as a final product.
o The Committee or each working group will need to decide our comparators for the district
o Stephanie offered to help working groups create a process for managing project plans
o Once the committee determines clear responsibilities for working groups training will need to be provided for each member of these groups
o Howard indicated that internal data gathering should begin as soon as possible as the administrators will be increasingly busy starting in October and throughout the rest of the year
o Jocelyn and Laura will work together to coordinate preliminary internal data gathering from the leadership team
• Laura gave a brief presentation to the Committee on the newly created Oversight Committee website
o Each member should now have access to the site and the ability to post documents and comments
o The Committee needs to decide upon a process for public participation on the site. It was decided that community members should be able to participate on the site and share their ideas. Creating a participation policy to be discussed at a future meeting
• The Committee’s next meeting will be Thursday, September 10 at 7:00 in the High School Conference room
Do you find this valuable?
|JOQuinn||Minutes from Aug. 27 meeting Part I||0||Sep 1 2009, 8:06 PM EDT by JOQuinn|
Thread started: Sep 1 2009, 8:06 PM EDT Watch
Strategic Plan Oversight Committee: Minutes 8/27/09
Members Present: Blaine Cox, Jennifer Lyon, Tim Spinney, Julie Reece, Jocelyn O’Quinn, Jennifer Rief, Laura Rogers, Deb Hastings, Stephanie Pines, Paula Roy, Andy Smith, Dave Nichols, Judy George, Howard Colter, David Hawley, John Moore. Not Present: Lisa Allison, Arul Mahadevan, Matt VanLedtge, Tracy Schroeder, Dave Montgomery
• Jocelyn O’Quinn called the meeting to order at 7:09 and asked for a motion to approve the minutes. Andy Smith made a motion for approval and Jennifer Rief seconded. The minutes of 8/13/09 were approved with 12 votes of approval and 3 abstentions (Howard Colter, David Hawley, John Moore) (Judy George was not present during the vote).
• A summary of the previous meeting was given including the names of the working groups. There are seven working groups identified as worthy subgroups; “curriculum”, “human resources”, “student learning”, “facilities”, “community”, “finance” and “technology”.
• Members shared their choices for sub-committees. Subcommittee membership:
o Student Learning- Lyon, Hawley, Rief, Reece, Roy, Hasting
o Curriculum- Lyon, Hawley, Reece, Moore, George
o Community- Spinney, Rief, Reece, Roy, Rogers
o Technology- Pines, Moore, Nichols
o Facilities- Cox, O’Quinn, Nichols
o Finance- Cox, O’Quinn, Pines, Smith
o HR- Spinney, Hastings, George, Smith
Continued: See Part II Minutes from Aug. 27 Meeting
Do you find this valuable?
Showing 2 of 2 threads for this page